Roselle is appreciated for it mild diurectic qualities and it is said to rejuvinate the body and mind. It is also said to lower blood pressure and it is high in calcuim.
Recipe for Iced Roselle Tea
Iced Roselle Tea
- 1/2 cup dried roselle
- 5 cups warm water
- 1 cup sugar (rock sugar is preferable)
- Rinse dried roselle under running water and drain.
- Bring roselle and water to a rolling boil for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar towards the end of the boiling time. Stir to dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Pour the boiled roselle juice through a filter. Discard the roselle. Allow the juice to cool. Refrigerate and serve over ice.
Do you like this recipe?