Cherry Ice Cream Recipe
3/4 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup rum
2 1/2 cups light cream
1/2 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the cherries in a bowl and cover with rum.
- Allow to soak for several hours or overnight.
- Heat the light cream and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved and bubbles begin to formaround edge of the pot.
- Whisk yolks until creamy. Add 1/2 cup of the warm cream to the egg yolks.
- Pour the warmed yolks back into the half-and-half and continue to cook, stirring, until the custard mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Do not boil the mixture or it will curdle.
- Stir in the vanilla, allow to cool completely, then chill. Pour into the ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Drain the cherries. When the mixture begins to thicken as it freezes, add the cherries and freeze until ice cream is the proper consistency.
Do you like this recipe?