- 1kg fresh ogo (edible seaweed)
- 1/2 kg tako (Tako is the Japanese word for octopus) - To prepare the fresh tako for cooking, Turn the head of a fresh tako inside out, clean and rinse; then cut away the eyes and beak. Tenderize the tako by freezing, with Hawaiian salt, or by pounding with a dowel, 2-by-4 or other object. Or cut half a potato up and put it in a pot along with the tako as it boils to make it tender.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Regular Soy Sauce or Lower Salt Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons roasted seasame seeds
- 2 tablespoons bottled Korean kochu jang (hot chile paste), available in your Asian supermarkets.
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Cut ogo in 2-inch lengths. Cook tako as instructed and slice. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
Serve very cold at your family or holiday gatherings.
Do you like this recipe?