Recipe for Egg Foo Yung
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp fresh milk (optional)
- 5 medium prawns, clean, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 chicken sausage, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced mushrooms
- 1 spring onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- dash of pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a large bowl, add in eggs, spring onion, bean sprouts, soy sauce, pepper, salt, milk and water. Beat egg mixture until smooth and salt dissolved. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot, add in onion, prawn, chicken sausage, diced mushrooms, and stir fry for around 1 minute.
- Pour in the egg mixture, make sure the fried ingredients are fully covered by egg mixture. Turn to medium heat.
- Fry until golden brown, flip and repeat for the other side, about 4 minutes. Do not overcook the eggs.
- Remove the omelet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Served hot with steamed Jasmine rice.
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Singapore Food Recipes
Do you like this recipe?