Recipe for Fish Porridge
- 1-2 tbsp rice
- 560ml water
- 1/4 tsp salt (to season rice)
- 1 tsp oil (to season rice)
- 90g cod fish
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 dsp oil
- 1 dsp light soya sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 stalk spring onion
- fried shallots - optional
- Porridge - Wash rice. Season rice with oil and salt for at least half an hour.
- Add water and put to boil. When boiling, lower fire. Simmer till rice becomes soft and broken.
- Stir once in a while when simmering. Add salt is necessary.
- Taste and serve.
- Slice fish thinly.
- Shred ginger. Season fish with ginger, light soya sauce, pepper and oil.
- When porridge is ready, add in fish. Stir to mix well.
- Simmer for one minute till fish is cooked.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped onion, fried shallots and pepper on cooked porridge before serving.
- Variation - You may use oats to cook the porridge in place of rice.
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Singapore Food Recipes
Do you like this recipe?