Recipe for Tandoori Prawn and Masala
- 1 kg Large king tiger prawns (14-16 pieces) - devein, wash and clean
- 2 pieces ginger (2cm each)
- 3 pieces garlic (pound to extract 5 tbsp juice)
- 1 level tbsp briyani powder
- 1 cup yogurt or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 level tbsp sugar
- 1 level tsp salt
- Some red and yellow colouring
- For garnishing: Some salad leaves and slices of lemon
- Mix all the ingredients together. Let the prawns marinate for at least three hours.
- Bake the prawns in an oven at 200 for 15 minutes or over a girdle for 15-30 minutes with medium heat. Do not over cooked.
- Serve warm with salad leaves and lemon slices (squeeze juice over prawns just before eating).
Recipe submitted by Poova Rai
Do you like this recipe?