This popular dipping sauce varies in sweet, sour and fiery degrees, depending on the cook and region. It can be served with everything from spring rolls to grilled meats and seafoods.
Ingredients for Vietnamese Dipping Sauce:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 fresh red chilles, stem and seeds removed if desired
- 3-4 tsp palm sugar
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce
- Using a pestle or mortar, grind garlic and chilli with sugar then pound to a paste.
- Squeeze in lime juice and stir until it is well mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, for a maximum of 2 weeks.
Recipe Credit - 500 Asian Dishes by Ghillie Basan
Do you like this recipe?